THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

New School Jitters

Maybe I am interpreting this wrong, but I think the last day of our exams is Oct. 2. I am not sure though. Check out the website and tell me what you think www.ubagio.edu/facilities/facilityview/aspx
Well, so far, my first day is not looking so promising. We were late for school because the jeep was 15 min late. But it wasn't too bad for me, because the teacher wasn't there by the time I got there. I did my usual, and told my teacher when he arrived that I did not understand tagolog. He gave me a hard time about it, and announced to the class that if we do not know the language, we need to know or we can't do our duty. I don't know why he put me on the spot like that. And we found out the hard way that I am the only person in the class (supposedly I am going to be with the same students for the next 3 years) who does not speak the language. The class is supposed to be broken up into 3 groups because it is too large. I am sure people are praying that they dont get me in their class. I dont really care, actually, if I get discriminated against. I know I am not the only person in this entire school that only knows English (Joaquin excluded). It is scaring me a little because the teacher said that I better learn, especially Illocano because I won't be able to communicate with the patients. What are the chances I can do my duty in the States?
They gave me a break for a couple of hours so they can figure out what our new schedule is like. I can cross my fingers and hope they have my class start at 930 instead of 730. But with my luck, it will be at 730-830, then I will have nothing to do for 2 hours =(
My next class is at 1030 (physics lab) and hopefully it will go better. Maybe I shouldn't tell the teacher that I don't understand a word that they are saying. Then they won't look at me like such an idiot. You see, they don't mind Joaquin not understanding. He looks the part. But they look at me like Im supposed to know better. Maybe I should know better, but I have been living in an English speaking country for 22 years. You would think they would cut me some slack. And everyone was scared to speak to me, all cowering when I came close. I understand that they are shy, but why do they have to make me feel like a leper. Granted, I walked in dripping sweat, but that should give no reason for them to think I was some 50ft woman. This is a more mature class aswell. No one was younger than 17.
I never used to hate the first day of school until I moved here. I couldn't sleep all night because I had the new school excitement. But I didnt expect the unwelcome stares from the people here. At least in my last school, people were curious as to what I was all about. Here, people looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my head. And now, I am scared to death to do my duties here because no one is going to have ANY idea what the hell I am talking about.
The water keeps coming in and out. When i go home, I have to call a plumber. Maybe they can fix it. But it sucks not knowing when the next time you can take a shower. Whenever I see water, I am going to take a shower regardless if I took one earlier.
Hopefully, this Viacom thing goes well. It comes with free cable (meaning, im not allowed to have any other cable). So, we went to the cable company that we had a contract with, and told them the surveyers said we were too far (for once it worked to our advantage), which is what they told us. I had called Viacom, the engineer department, and they told me they already had a line down where we live. As I said in my last blog, all I can do is pray that nothing else will go wrong.