THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Beginning of Real Nursing

I finally met my real instructers for my healthcare lab. They seem to be no nonsense type of people, but yet they still try and make the students feel comfortable. They asked us what the real reason why the students are taking up nursing. Most of the responses were that their parents or grandparents had chosen it for them. It sounded a little sad, because in nursing you need the heart to be able to help people. I guess they will come to learn to love the profession. I did meet a new friend today. Her name is Gladys, and she was very friendly. Always talking to me, which is more than most people that I have met here. Most likely, we will have the next 2 years together, and hopefully I can be comfortable enough with her as my...bath partner (only other nursing students will know that I mean that in the most unsexual way). I don't need to go into any details. I will have to see how things go, because for all I know I might make friends with someone else. Quite possibly find a best friend somewhere. I hope so. Friends can be so hard to come by. Unfortunately, she is not in my lecture class, so maybe I might have to find someone else. By the stroke of luck, Gladys ended up in the same group as I am so that's a good sign. As I said yesterday, I keep making friends and end up getting a new seat assignment. I do like this school a lot better than my last one. They are more mature here, and for the first time people are silent when the teacher is talking. I am really not looking forward to "recitations" ( last time I did a recitation was in the 5th grade) but I guess I should be fine. I am not as good as memorizing things as the good Filipinos here. I barely memorized the Apostle's Creed. Good thing that most of the time, its displayed on the wall for me to recite.
Well, I was told yesterday that they line to our house for Viacom is too long, but not all hope is lost. I told them that I am willing to pay for them to put the line in. Maybe that's what stopping the internet companies here from coming down. I do know that we used to have cable (we plugged in the tv and it worked, but then it was shut off) so it should not be a problem. I feel bad because Michele (our live in helper) has really not much to do. I found her yesterday very upset. I dont know if she was upset because she fell asleep and did not here us knocking on the door, or if its her family. I just know that I can only do so much. I just feel so bad for her. She is so far away from her family, and I know how she feels. But at least I have Joaquin when I left. She has no one, and we can barely communicate with her. I did purchase another English-Tagalog dictionary to try to help me, but I really need to find a tutor. I might post on Baguio online again.