THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 09, 2007

Why I hate politics, and yet I am always in it.

I tried to ease my mind with all that happened in the past couple of weeks, and I ran in the same election as Joaquin (which he failed to mention). Except I lost. Of course he would win. Who wouldn't want to vote for the only white guy who ever ran for office in our school? Oh and "my friends voted for him because he is their crush". I feel so great that we came all the way to the Philippines so that other women can have crushes on him...
I guess its nice to know that he is definitely fitting well within his environment. And what about me? Same ol, same ol...just like everyone else.
For me, they put my mother's maiden last name down as my last name on the ballots, so most of my friends thought that I dropped out of the election. The people who really knew me, just looked for my first name. I believe that it was quite an unfair election, because the comelec was told in the very beginning of the major mistake, and they failed to properly correct it.
At least, I still must of been very popular because I only lost by 15 votes. My position was only auditor, and I guess it would be too much work for me anyway. I just wanted to win so bad because I don't remember winning anything. And I keep telling my parents that I am doing this and running for that, but I always lose. I feel like I am just disappointing them more and more. Its kinda to the point that I don't even tell them that I am doing anything. I swore to myself that I am never running for anything again. It's way too much work to lose.
Except....I am trying out for the Billiards team for our school. Not too many women play pool here, so I am sure I will at least make it on a TEAM...maybe.