THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 27, 2006

What! No DSL?!!!

That's right, there is no high speed internet where we live. We thought we were in the most perfect location, just to find no internet. Oh boy. Now what do we do? LOL Joaquin taught me how to play cribbage today ( Im sure I spelt that wrong, but dont really care }:-)
I think I did fairly well, even though I got "skunked" three times. Everytime, I was catching up more and more. Considering that we really have nothing else to do, I have a feeling I might quickly become a pro.
We are still in the process of looking for a live in maid. It is proving to be quite difficult just to get our laundry done. I called one place, and they didnt show up for their pick up. I guess I should try to call another one. I didnt realize how far we really live. It must be about 3Km away from town, and people here think we live on a whole other planet. I tell them "Asin RD" and they go nuts. What can you do?
I really want to do this hiking trip into the mountains sometime soon. It would be a 5 day trip. i dont know if I will make it, so if I dont write in my blog soon, you might want to notify the authorities.
I did find an absolutely perfect spa to take the place of my old one in manila. I paid about 1150 peso for a full body massage, facial, foot scrub, manicure and pedicure. I think I might think twice about the facial. I dont have the patience to just lay around for an hour. Plus, when I was done, I think the avocado from my avocado mask seeped too much into my pores. I was leaking avocados from my eyes almost til the next day! Joaquin said he could make a taco salad from my face! but other than that, the place was an absolute paradise. Actually, the facial was quite refreshing, and more relaxing than the one in manily. In case people are looking for spas in Baguio (I found this place out from a Blogspot site as well) It is called:

North Haven Spa
21 Avelino St Baguio
(074) 300-5022 or (0917) 506-1349

The place in Manila that I ALWAYS went to was named The Blue Moon Foot Spa. Great place, nice atmosphere, and quite inexpensive (which is always my favorite part)

ok, I will try to add pics later. Keep in mind, I can only write in my blog from an internet cafe =(