THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Connecticut

I took a few days off of work to visit my best friend, Shellybean. It was a much needed vacation especially since the last time I took one was New Mexico, then the time before that our honeymoon.
I am definitely a firm believer in vacations. I feel as though I am quite a stressed out person even if my job is simple now. I guess it might be that nothing has stopped since I even got back home from the philippines. First it was the bankruptcy, then wedding, then working until almost death, and now moving with added stress. And even though I pretty much relaxed and helped shell move her things, I was perfectly content.
The weather was fabulously refreshing and the people acted as though I never left. It was like I was home again. We went to this fancy restaurant called the Terry Lodge, owned by an iron chef and I can honestly say it was the best food in my entire life. And if you have looked at me recently, you know that I have eaten a LOT in my life time. Every bite was a taste of heaven, no matter what I ate or what I ate from someone else's plate. I had quail and they even de-boned the rib cage so it was more like cutting into a piece of steak. Just pure meat. And for desert, a peach cobbler with cinnamon gelato on top. Delightful!
But things also have changed on my hometown. People grew up, buildings have been reconstructed or been replaced. Our local "mom and pop's" became defeated by big corporations. But the people and their personalities have never changed. Or maybe that could be just me. And I loved every minute of it.